Tools and Resources
How to Travel
Event Planning and Registration
Promote Your Organization
Workshop and Training Request
Advising a Student Organization
Student Organization Handbook
Student organization travel
If you give enough notice, your organization can really go somewhere:
Four weeks before domestic travel | Eight weeks before international
Follow these steps:
- Login to OrgSync.
- Go to your organization’s portal.
- Click on the “Events” tab.
- Click on the green “Create an event” button to the right.
- Fill out as much information as you can about your travel.
- For the type of event select “Travel – Domestic or International.”
- Finish and submit.
- You’ll hear back from us within two (2) business days of your request to help you with next steps.
Field Trip Consent and Travel Expectations Agreement
Field Trip Consent and Travel Expectations Agreement – This form can be found by logging into OrgSync, going to your organization’s portal, and clicking on “Forms.”
Driver Information Form
Travel Roster Form
Travel Roster Form – This form can be downloaded by logging into OrgSync, going to your organization’s portal, and clicking on “Files” on your tool bar (left-hand side of the screen). The form is located in the folder labeled “Student Organization Resources.”
Motorpool Forms – These forms can be found on the Transportation and Parking website.
The Student Involvement and Leadership Center has projectors, canopies, button makers, and a variety of other equipment available for student organizations and departments to check out and use. Please use this form to request this equipment.
Purchase Request Form
If your group wants to make a purchase or payment out of its on-campus account, you must submit the Purchase Request Form. This form is due at least one week prior to when the purchase or payment will be made. For more involved, complicated purchases, requests must be submitted more than one week in advance (for details on these kinds of purchases, please review the policy manual for student organizations).
Did you know you can purchase supplies, clothing, food, and just about anything else related to the function of your organization?
Follow these steps:
- Visit OrgSync.
- Find your organization’s portal.
- Click on “Forms.”
- Select “Purchase Request.”
- Complete the form. Be detailed in the purpose description and include two officer email addresses.
- Officers receive an email notification for purchase approval.
- When approved, proceed with the purchase(s).
If the amount is over $1500, advisor approval is required. Some items may need more than one week for approval (gifts, awards, prizes, promo items, clothing, contracts). Food, conference services, parking reservations, and smaller purchases can be approved in one week. For the approval of travel-related expenses, complete the Travel Request Form, also on OrgSync.
Ready to hold a fundraiser? Want to solicit donations? Anytime your organization wants to sell items, ask for donations, or be paid for a service, you should follow these steps:
- Complete an event registration on OrgSync and select “Fundraiser” as the type of event you’re planning.
- Plan ahead. Most fundraiser event registrations need to be submitted at least sixty (60) business days prior to your proposed event. You may not have all the details lined up but it’s beneficial to get the ball rolling at least two months in advance. Some circumstances may extend this timeframe (i.e. selling merchandise, requesting donations from individuals/companies, etc.). If you’re unsure when to submit your request, please contact the Student Involvement and Leadership Center at email@example.com.
- Schedule time with the Student Involvement and Leadership Center to discuss your fundraiser idea before making final decisions, agreements, spending funds, etc. You can also go to the Student Organizations Handbook and read the information under Section III for more information on this topic.
- Submit a Fundraiser Request Form
- Once your fundraiser is approved by the Student Involvement and Leadership Center you can proceed with your planning and/or purchasing of items to sell.
- Is the fundraiser’s intent to benefit your student organization? After your event, you will deposit the money(cash or check) into your organization’s account.
- The deposit box and how-to directions are located to the right of the Information Desk in the Student Union. Envelopes/deposit slips provided.
- Is the fundraiser’s intent to benefit another organization like a charity?
- Money must go directly to the charity. Please do not deposit those funds into your student organization account. Contact the Student Involvement and Leadership Center for instructions on handling these funds PRIOR to hosting your fundraiser.
- Ready to access and spend money from your student organization account? Read Section II.A of the Student Organizations Handbook.
Change Fund Request
Have an event where you’re selling something? Use the Fundraiser Request form to request a change fund and cash box for your organization.
- In order to approve your change fund request, you must have an event registration submitted.
- A change fund request may only be submitted by approved spenders such as the president, financial officer, and any other officer who has completed the Financial Training and is listed in your portal’s positions.
Cosponsorship Agreement Form
Holding an event with another student organization, academic department or off-campus group? Don’t forget to fill out the Cosponsorship Agreement Form. This formal agreement will help you develop an effective relationship with everyone involved and outline important details about responsibilities and expectations. It is due at least two weeks prior to your event.
Cosponsorship Agreement Form – This form can be found by logging into OrgSync, going to your organization’s portal, and clicking on “Forms”.
Cosponsoring an Event
Follow these steps:
- Visit OrgSync
- Go to your student organization’s portal. Click on “Forms.”
- Complete a Cosponsorship Agreement Form (not contractual, serves to clarify all responsibilities/expectations of all parties involved).
- You might need to submit additional forms (Spending Request, Fundraiser Request, or Travel Request) along with your Cosponsorship Agreement it depends on which kind of event you’re planning.
- Because you’re working with different parties, including the Student involvement and Leadership Center, it’s important to maintain frequent and open communication so everyone is clear on goals and can stay up-to-date on what’s happening.
Credit Card Request
If your purchase request has been approved by Student Involvement and you’re ready to make a purchase on behalf of your student organization, please complete this form to request the use of the Student Involvement and Leadership Center purchasing card.
Locker Space Request
Would you like feedback on your poster, flyer, or other promotional material? We’re happy to review it for your organization according to these promotions guidelines for student organizations:
- Adhere to university brand standards when using Boise State logos or trademarks. Learn more by reading the Student Organization Identity Guidelines
- Include the full-name of your organization and contact information on your promotional materials to inform readers who your group is and how to get in touch with you.
- Double-check your promotional materials for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Include the date, time, and location of events and activities.
- Co-sponsoring an event or activity? Include the full name of your co-sponsor(s) as well as the name of your organization to properly attribute who is holding the event.
This review covers only the technical processing and presentation impact of materials and does not extend to editorial control of the message content. Completing a Promotions Review for content is encouraged, but not required.
Looking to accept online payments for your student organization, sorority, fraternity, and/or campus activities? uStore may be the answer to your question. Use this form to submit your request to set up items to be sold using this secure online system. Please allow up to 2 weeks for processing.
Catering Exemption Request
Boise State University meets its campus food service needs with an outside contractor, ARAMARK Corporation. The contract guarantees ARAMARK the exclusive right to provide all food services, concessions, vending and catering on the entire Boise State campus. As such, the University is indemnified from liability. However, student organizations may be granted the right to bring some kinds of food or beverages on campus that are not provided by ARAMARK.
The Catering Exemption Request Form, below, accommodates recognized student groups who want to provide food or beverages not from campus food service for their regularly scheduled business meetings, where only members of the group are invited and where the public is not expected. This exception is available only to recognized student groups. For more information, contact the Manager of Conference Services at (208) 426-4052.
Query Request Form
If you need to request student information from the Office of the Registrar for use on campus or on behalf of your affiliated national organization you can place your request by filling out the Query Request Form. After your request is received and approved, the Student Involvement & Leadership Center will place the request with the Registrar and will contact you when it is prepared. The query data will be provided to your organization’s faculty or staff advisor. Please be aware that the information contained within the report will be confidential and can only be used for the approved purpose of the query request itself.
ASBSU Grant Forms
In order to complete the ASBSU Funding Application all you need is your name, your club’s name, a description of your event, location of the event and a simple budget. It is very similar to an expense report that you fill out for Student Involvement & Leadership. The next time you have an event, submit a Funding Request to ASBSU. It is just that simple! Please try to submit all requests at least two (2) weeks in advance.
ASBSU Funding: What's Your Next Big Idea?
ASBSU supports unique signature events that bring students together. We offer more than one kind of sponsorship during the academic year.
- Direct: groups are eligible (but not entitled) to get $4000.
- Joint (at least two organizations): each event eligible (but not entitled) for up to $8000.
- Individual student trips/projects: eligible (but not entitled) to get $400.
Timeline for Applying
- 5 weeks ahead for usual events
- 7 weeks ahead for domestic travel
- 9 weeks ahead for international travel
- Event title, date, time, location, goal, number of people, etc.
- Know what can/can not be funded. Contact the secretary of Student Organization Affairs at (208) 426-4240.
- Fill out/submit “Funding Request Budget Template” on OrgSync.
- Applications due on Tuesday by 5:00pm so a hearing can be scheduled for one week from the next Friday.
- Attend 12-minute hearing with Student Funding Board to describe the event. Dress casual. Be prompt.
- To make a purchase/pay a bill out of your account, submit a Spending Request one week before spending any money to the Student Involvement and Leadership Center. Go to “Forms” on your OrgSync portal.
- For more complicated purchases, submit a Spending Request at least four weeks to make sure you have enough money to cover costs.
- If your request includes traveling (plane tickets, hotel, gas, etc.), submit a Travel Request, not a Spending Request.