Congratulations on being accepted to your program! There are a few more steps you will need to complete before you are officially ready to go abroad or on exchange.
1. Complete the following Boise State Study Abroad forms:
- Course Approval Form (CAF)
- Terms and Agreement For Participation in Off-Campus Study Program
- Confidential Health History Questionnaire
- You can pick up these forms, along with your study abroad student handbook, in our office. The deadlines to complete and return these forms are November 1st for Spring programs, April 5th for Summer programs and May 1st for Fall and yearlong programs.
- Please remember you are not eligible for study abroad or exchange if you have not submitted our forms.
2. Complete the forms specific to your program.
If you are participating in a direct exchange, you will need to obtain the host university application from the GLO staff member and complete these forms by the specified deadline.
If you are participating in a USAC program, you will need to complete the forms in your USAC Student Gateway.
If you are participating in another study abroad program, you will need to complete the set of forms you will receive from your specific program provider.
3. Apply for a passport if you don’t already have one.
You should make an appointment with GLO to apply for one as soon as possible. It takes 6-8 weeks from the day of your appointment to receive your passport. Keep in mind that you will need to know your passport number when you purchase your airline ticket. If you have a passport already, make sure to check the expiration date to ensure that it is valid throughout your program dates.
4. Find out if you need a visa to enter the country in which you plan to study.
If you’re not sure, check with a GLO staff member. If you do need a visa, find out if you can submit your application by mail, or if you need to visit the consulate in person. GLO can help you with the process of obtaining a visa, so please don’t hesitate to ask.
If you need a visa letter from our office, please request it here.