When you apply for your H-1B visa stamp for your passport you should be ready to provide the following items:
– Original H-1B approval notice (Form I-797)
– Copy of entire H-1B petition (including I-129 form). You received a copy of this when your H-1B application was filed with USCIS. The Consular Officer should already have a copy, so do not present your copy unless asked to do so.
– Copy of employment offer letter or contract if you haven’t started work yet. If you are already working on the H-1B, then we recommend you bring copies of your most recent paystub.
– Form DS-160 (visa application form)
– Any other items listed on the US Embassy website where you are applying for the visa, and any other items requested by the visa officer