Skip to main content

Forms and Letter Requests

There are a variety of forms to help you update ISS or request items related to immigration.  If you aren’t sure which form to use then please contact International Student Services at the Center for Global Education.

Information Updates

  • Change of Address   Let us know if you’ve moved (US immigration requires this update within 10 days of any move).  Students on OPT or STEM OPT should update their address using the SEVP OPT Portal.
  • Change of Major or Minor Use this form to request a new I-20 once you have changed your major(s) and/or minor(s).

Travel Signatures

  • I-20 Travel Signature – Use this form to request an I-20 with a travel signature. All I-20s are sent via email. You must print and sign the I-20 to enter the U.S. or for your visa appointment. Travel signatures are valid for 12 months during your study. They are valid for 6 months if you are on OPT or STEM OPT.

Final Semester – less than full time enrollment request

I-20 Requests

All I-20s are sent via email to your Boise State University email address. You must print and sign the I-20 in ink for use.

Support Letter Requests

  • Letter Request  If you wish to have a letter provided for you, please complete and submit this form.   Make sure that you are enrolled full-time before you complete this letter request form.

If you would like to support your family member’s B-2 visitor visa, please review our Visitor Visas for Family Members webpage.

For Sponsored-Students

Leave of Absence Request / Semester outside U.S.

  • Leave of Absence Form Use this form if you are taking a semester off studying at Boise State University, including if you’re planning to take a semester off outside the U.S. only taking online courses.

Withdrawal Request

  • Request to Withdraw Form Use this form if you are leaving Boise State University during your degree and do not plan to return and you are not transferring to another university.

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

  • CPT Work Authorization Request If you have an academic internship or work opportunity off-campus then please submit this form to request work authorization.

Optional Practical Training (OPT)

  • OPT Workshop Registration If you are a student interested in signing up for an OPT workshop, please complete and submit this form.
  • OPT Participation Report  Students engaged in OPT are required to update US immigration on their address, employment or volunteer status through the SEVP OPT Portal.  Please use this form to report if you have decided to leave the US and not to participate in OPT.

STEM Extension (STEM OPT)

Transfer your SEVIS Record to Another U.S. University

  • Transfer Out Request If you are transferring out to a different school, please take the survey and submit this form.