IPE Clinical Seminar
Upcoming IPE Clinical Seminar
Wednesday, December 11th, 2019
Vaping Crisis and Nicotine Addiction, The Health Provider’s Role
Gabrielle Davis, MPH, RRT-ACCS, NPS, CTTS, CHES
Gabrielle Davis has been a registered respiratory therapist for 11 years. Currently, she works at a local hospital as the COPD Educator and Nicotine Cessation Coordinator. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in respiratory care with an emphasis on healthcare management and a Master’s degree in public health. She expects to graduate in May 2020 with a second Master’s degree in addictions counseling. She has presented over 20 times on electronic nicotine delivery systems across the nation.
NORCO 431 – Boise State University
The purpose of the IPE Clinical Seminar is to provide learners with evidence-based knowledge and skills on a selected health [care] topics through an interprofessional lens. The seminar will provide an opening lecture and discussion from a “clinical expert” and culminate with an interprofessional team learning activity for participants.
Professional program students from Boise State University – College of Health Sciences, Idaho State University – Meridian Health Science Center, University of Washington – Medical Education Program (WWAMI) and other learners and young professionals from the Treasure Valley.
Bi-semester events occurring every fall and spring
Boise State University
Recent Seminars and Topics
- Team Based Approach to Concussion Assessment and Management.
- Darkness to Light: Stewards of Children. Preventing Child Sexual Abuse.
- “In Our Own Voice” presented by members of the National Alliance on Mental Illness: Interprofessional Reflections in Response to the Lived Experiences of Mental Illness.
- “Opioid Crisis” speaker Kenneth Bramwell MD
- “Genetic Testing: A Pandora’s Box in the World of Bioethics?” speakers Jennifer Eichmeyer, MS, LCGC and Jennifer Obenshain, MSW, LCSW
- “Reducing Medical Errors and Improving Patient Safety” speaker Allan Korn MD. [Reading List]
- “Emergency Preparedness: A Boston Marathon Story! speaker Joseph Murphy PhD, LAT, ATC. [Additional Resources]
- “Motivational Interviewing” speaker Jennifer Obenshain MSW, LCSW.