Boise State University values the health and wellbeing of their students and believes that maintaining good health is key to their academic success. To help ensure students have access to health insurance that can adequately meet their needs, the University is sponsoring a voluntary Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). While students will not be required to provide proof of insurance for registration, the University continues to strongly urge students to maintain adequate health insurance.
The voluntary SHIP program will provide enhanced benefits for students when they receive care at Health Services including:
- No co-pay
- No deductible
- Coverage for dietitian, ADHD testing, massage therapy, and many other services!
- Domestic undergraduate students enrolled in 6 or more credits
- Domestic graduate students (who are not Grad Assistants) enrolled in 6 or more credits
If you are a Graduate Assistant, contact the Graduate College for more information on health insurance available to you.
If you are an international student, contact the Center for Global Education for information on insurance requirements or visit 4studenthealth.com/boisestate-intl
- Students will have the opportunity to enroll each Fall and Spring semester
- Enrollment dates for the 2019-2020 academic year are as follows:
- Fall Semester: July 1, 2019-September 30, 2019
- Spring Semester: December 1, 2019- January 31, 2020
- Fall Semester: August 1st-December 31st
- Spring Semester: January 1st-July 31st
Please note: Coverage start dates are contingent on enrollment dates.
- The cost per covered student is $350.00 per month.
For more information:
- To view benefits, or to enroll visit 4studenthealth.com/boisestate
Health Services provides convenient healthcare services to all students on campus regardless of their insurance coverage. If you have additional questions on the healthcare services available please visit www.boisestate.edu/healthservices.