Skip to main content
Shared responsibilities of all officers
- Attend HSA weekly meetings and banquets, as well as a minimum of six (6) HSA events each semester.
- Attend all fall training and planning sessions.
- Create personal goals for time serving as an HSA officer and meet with the president at the beginning, middle, and end of each semester to track progress.
- Host monthly open forums to receive feedback from HSA members.
- Vote in a special election to choose a new President should the existing president be unable to fulfill duties.
- Advertise events via word of mouth.
- Maintain a detailed account of responsibilities and contacts.
Privileges of being an HSA officer
- Receive academic credit (1 credit per semester)
- Stronger resume in relation to Honors College Scholarships
- Meet with influential leaders in the community as a group each month
- Serve as Advisory Board for Honors College changes
Open officer positions
- Manages requests and funding from the Associated Students of Boise State University.
- Prepares all financial records for audit at the end of each school year.
- Knowledgeable of and correctly follows Associated Students of Boise State University policy for club finances and requests.
- Assumes the duties of the President during his/her temporary absence or inability to fulfill duties until a special election can be held.
- Facilitates fundraising project(s), including the Finals Relief Project.
- Records minutes at each meeting and sends them to each officer within 24 hours for approval.
- Organizes a master events calendar using Google Docs and the Honors College Website.
Special Events Planner
- Plans and facilitates the Fall and Spring banquet.
- Helps coordinate Parent/Family weekend with the Honors College.
- Helps organize events for Broncos Supporting Broncos scholarship.
- Helps organize professional development events with Honors Alumni Chapter.