Gender Inclusive Housing
Gender inclusive housing is an option that you can select as a preference when you apply to live on campus.
“Gender Inclusive” housing means that you can be housed with any other student regardless of their gender identity. For example:
- If you want to live with a friend who is not the same gender as you, you can both select “Gender Inclusive” housing and match with each other in My College Roomie.
- If you don’t have a roommate preference but would like to live with people of different genders
Gender Inclusive Housing Assignments
There are a lot of reasons why you may choose gender inclusive housing as an option, but here are some things to remember:
- Gender inclusive housing is offered, as space is available, in several of our suite-style residence halls including the Honors College and Sawtooth Hall, Lincoln Townhomes, University Square, and University Suites. Please contact our office if these halls don’t meet your budget but you are interested in gender inclusive housing.
- As with all of our housing options, for the best chance of getting your housing preference, it’s important to apply early
- If we don’t have space for all applicants who request gender inclusive housing, we will house people who request gender inclusive housing according to the gender identity listed on their application
- In order to be assigned to gender inclusive housing all students in the unit must have requested “Gender Inclusive” as a preference on the housing application
If you have questions regarding gender inclusive housing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (208)447-1001 to answer your questions. If you have questions about gender identity or support for gender-related topics visit the Gender Equity Center website or contact them directly.