Bed Sizes and Height Adjustment
Standard Twin Mattresses
These buildings all have a standard size twin mattress: Chaffee, Driscoll, Keiser, Morrison, Taylor, Towers, Clearwater, Payette and Selway Suites, University Suites, and University Square (except for Jade and Topaz single rooms).
- 74″ long x 38″ wide x 7″ deep and can accommodate a person 6’4″ and shorter
- Twin-sized sheets will work for these beds unless you use a thick mattress pad/egg carton, where twin XL sheets would be better
- You can order bedding and get it delivered to home or to your hall before you arrive!
- Lincoln Townhomes, Jade Hall, and Topaz Hall single rooms
- 75″ x 54″
Full Extra Long Mattresses
- Honors College and Sawtooth Hall
- We recommend that you purchase Queen-sized sheets for these mattresses, especially if you plan on using any kind of mattress pad.
- 80″ x 52″ x 8.5″
- We have a limited number of extended mattresses 90″ long x 38″ wide x 7″ deep
- Fitted sheets for 90-inch mattresses are not readily available at most department stores
- Due to the physical set up of Driscoll, Honors College and Sawtooth, Morrison, and Towers Hall, extended mattresses are not available.
If you are taller than 6’4″, you can request an extended mattress by emailing email@example.com from your My.BoiseState email account with the following:
- Your full name
- Room number
- Assigned bed
- Your height
Requests placed 10 days before move in are free and should be completed by the time you arrive.
Bed Height Adjustment
We can adjust bed heights in most of our residential complexes except the following:
- Barnes Towers
- Driscoll Hall
- Honors College & Sawtooth Hall
- Lincoln Townhomes
- Morrison Hall
Probably like yours at home, low to the floor. Bottom of the bed 20″-24″ from the floor once adjusted.
High enough for your dresser to fit under the bed. Bottom of bed will be 30″-36″ from the floor once adjusted.
Up high enough to fit almost anything under your bed. Not recommended if you’re uncomfortable with heights. Bottom of bed will be 5’3″ from the floor once adjusted.
Bed risers are the only option for:
- Barnes Towers
- Lincoln Townhome
You can purchase risers in different heights at many retail stores. Depending on the height you purchase, the bed frame could be an additional 4″ to 8″ off the floor.
Risers are not an option for the Honors College and Sawtooth Hall.
To request a height adjustment:
Send email to:
With subject line of: Bed Adjustment
With this information:
- Room Number
- Hall Name
- Side of Room
- Height Preference
Requests made 10 days before move in are free and should be completed by the time you arrive, depending on timing and staffing.
Requests made after the 10th day of occupancy will be charged $25.
Additional adjustments are $25 per request.