Job Standard for Alumni Programs Specialist
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75735
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family:External Affairs
- Function: Alumni
Responsible for the overall strategic planning and coordination of programs that connect future students, current students, Alumni Legacy Scholars, and recent graduates to the Boise State Alumni
Association and Boise State University, ensuring that these alumni will become and remain engaged with the university and support the university as volunteers and donors. This position is key to the familial energy and financial health of Alumni Relations, the Alumni Association and the University.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding and appreciation for goals of alumni relations.
- Direct experience with student programs in a university or similar setting.
- Experience with marketing best practices.
- Exemplary writing and communication skills; computer literacy with database experience
- Customer service experience
- Budgeting experience
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection and assessment
- Ability to collaborate
60% of Time the Alumni Programs Specialist
- This position oversees the Alumni Legacy Scholar program
- Advises the Alumni Association-sponsored student group, Future Alumni Network (FAN)
- Cultivates partnerships with campus entities that support student recruitment and student involvement.
- Works in concert with the Director of Membership to create membership recruitment programs for FAN Club and recent graduates.
- Enhances and ensures the existence of effective and innovative programs and communication efforts to maintain the connection between students, recent graduates, alumni and the university to enhance their future participation as volunteers and donors.
- Event management, social media participation, staff Liaison for appropriate alumni board committees, and community presentations
35% of Time the Alumni Programs Specialist
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Alumni Programs Specialist
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Some travel may be required
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.