Job Standard for Apartment/Guest Services, Supervisor
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Apartment/Guest Services, Supervisor Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75351
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Supervisor
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Housing
Develop and directly manage all aspects of the departments summer conference program and guest housing.
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. Sets and delegates day-to-day tasks to achieve operational objectives. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Problems typically involve a single area, process or constituent group. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to supervise and manage an office setting
- Knowledge of accounting and finance necessary to develop and interpret department reports, budgets, and forecasting materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad clientele base, University and local community members, and employees.
60% of Time the Apartment/Guest Services, Supervisor must:
- Coordinate all aspects of the conference and guest housing operation including: short term faculty/staff/guest housing and summer conferences
- Ensure a single statement, contract, and point of contact for clients when doing a comprehensive booking through Conference & Guest Housing
- Monitor facility conditions and maintenance needs for summer conferences and faculty/staff/guest housing – make customer centric modifications when necessary
- Lead clients and staff in the logistics of planning implementation of over 55 summer conferences with unique programming, needs, and requirements – from initial inquiry to completion
- Research and implement innovative best practices, procedural improvements, and cost-savings initiatives in all areas – evaluate their relevance and scalability to our operation
- Develop and maintain strong, positive collaborations with various on and off campus partners and vendors to supply addition services and amenities for clients
- Market Conference & Guest Housing to prospective internal and external clients
- Hire, train, supervise, manage workflow, and evaluate all staff positions
- Handle employee relation issues, timesheets, payroll approval, and other HR related tasks
35% of Time the Apartment/Guest Services, Supervisor
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Apartment/Guest Services, Supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Apartment/Guest Services, Supervisor
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.