Job Standard for Athletic Event Operations, Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletic Event Operations, Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75110
- Pay Grade: P8
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
Responsible for home game operations of all non football sports; assist with home football game operations and hosting of collegiate championship events.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of university purchasing procedures and appropriate interaction with service vendors
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, NCAA, conference and university rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices
- Intercollegiate athletic facility supervision experience at the Division I level, including football home game management.
60% of Time the Athletic Event Operations, Manager must:
- Primary game manager for various sport events
- Oversee operations of the Stueckle Sky Center and the Tennis and Soccer Complexes.
- Work closely with the Associate Athletic Director for Facilities and Operations to ensure that effective safety, security, budgetary, and institutional oversight systems are in place and acceptable results are achieved.
- Assist with project management for facility renovations in selected facilities.
- Oversee all aspects of the game operations.
- Conducts all services contracting and procurement activities and manages contracts.
- Develops facility use policies and procedures.
- Directs all aspects of Bronco home game management and operations for all sports including official’s coordination, game staffing, set-up, contracts, conference liaison, quality assurance, and guest relations and event security. Assures coverage of all athletic home games with trained game operations staff.
- Develops and manages asset protection, facility security operations and systems.
35% of Time the Athletic Event Operations, Manager
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletic Event Operations, Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.