Job Standard for Athletics Player Personnel Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletics Player Personnel Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75107
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
Manage the football recruiting budget, advise the head coach and assistant coaches on all administrative areas involving recruiting and oversee all administrative recruiting duties.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Must have football coaching experience and/or playing experience and/or administrative experience.
- Ability to compare and organize prospects into priority lists.
60% of Time the Athletics Player Personnel Coordinator must:
- Coordinate all on-campus recruiting functions for potential football student-athletes
- Work directly with the head coach and football staff with any and all matters in regards to on-campus recruiting
- Coordinate all emails informing recruits about statistics and travel postgame to publicize Bronco Football.
- Football liaison to work collaboratively with Sports Medicine Staff, Athletic Compliance Staff, Equipment Staff, Student Services and Academic Advising Staff to follow-up with all football prospects and all incoming football student-athletes to gather all required paperwork /materials/forms in a timely and efficient manner.
- Evaluate departmental needs, direct the purchases and report budget status to the Head Football Coach.
- Spokesperson for the Bronco Football program representing the department at campus and community promotional events and assisting in coordination of community services events for student-athletes.
- Decide which scouting services the football team will purchase that fit within the budget to provide the most accurate and reliable information about prospects.
35% of Time the Athletics Player Personnel Coordinator
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletics Player Personnel Coordinator
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.