Job Standard for Events Client Relations, Supervisor
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name, ID# and PCN#.
Events Client Relations, Supervisor Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75173
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Supervisor
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Marketing
This position oversees the daily operations of University Event Services as well as the processes and services related to the client and guest experience. This position supervises, develops and facilitates training for the student employees.
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. Sets and delegates day-to-day tasks to achieve operational objectives. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Problems typically involve a single area, process or constituent group. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience or relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to make independent decisions in the best interest of the facility/department.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply university space policies, event guidelines, risk management policies, contracts and agreements, and standard operating procedures
- Ability to make quick, rational decisions that balance needs of client and successful business operations within scope of responsibility.
- Applied knowledge of event scheduling methods, confirmation and contracting documents, event planning, and on-site event management.
- Organization and coordination of complex information, event staff, and event logistics.
- Computer and digital literacy to work as a high-level customer service representative for event patrons within a complex database style software.
- Advanced command of the English language in oral and written form, applying proper grammar in business and technical writing styles.
- Applied knowledge of client marketing strategies and trends, with ability to develop actionable and measurable marketing plans to support business goals
- Advanced ability to develop and sustain relationships, apply empathy, and manage expectations with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
60 % of Time Events Client Relations, Supervisor will:
- On behalf of professional coordination team, oversees daily event intake and allocation process to strategically pace and distribute event requests, clients, and coordination workload
- Assists in annual budget creation process and ongoing budget monitoring, including direct projection and monitoring of annual student employee labor expenses
- Leads office team in conducting annual market research project, generating report of market conditions and recommendations for changes to existing rate structures and fee schedules for event services and space rentals
- Collaborates regularly to improve communications and understanding between service teams, enhance guest experience within event facilities, and ensure accuracy of rental equipment inventory
- Oversees event guest experience; recommends and implements processes and trainings to improve guest experience and customer service; manages Concierge service
- Develops and maintains expert level knowledge of Event Management Service (EMS) event scheduling software, Social Tables diagramming software, and 7 Point Ops operations online platform and instructs others in their use and optimization
- Resolves scheduling conflicts between user groups including state agencies, non-profit organizations, educational associations, student organizations, university departments, and secondary groups associated with university departments
- Manages assessment of client satisfaction with event outcomes as a result of the one stop shop model of event services
- Supervises, hires, schedules, trains, and evaluates University Event Services student employees
- Communicates expectations and provides performance feedback to student employees via 1:1 and team meetings, on the job training, and formal and informal evaluation processes
- Meets with VIP clients to assess needs and provide expert guidance in planning at all stages of an event, i.e., offers client venue tours and previews, providing input on room size and set-up, audiovisual equipment and labor needs, catering services, service styles, etc.
- Applies appropriate fee schedules and rates charged from multi-tiered fee schedules for facilities, audiovisual and other equipment, and miscellaneous fees such as deposits and damage charges and quotes total anticipated cost of event to clients
- Develops and executes University Event Services marketing plan employing print, web, electronic, video, and event-based marketing tactics
- Designs and implements marketing strategies to increase client utilization of online event request process. Leads content development for University Event Services newsletter and other publications
- Serves as University Event Services website administrator, maintaining content and compliance with university web and brand standards
35% of Time Events Client Relations, Supervisor:
- Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Events Client Relations, Supervisor:
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Not applicable for Events Client Relations, Supervisor
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required