Job Standard for Extended Studies Unit Supervisor
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Extended Studies Unit Supervisor Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75033
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Supervisor
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
The Supervisor will provide the technical expertise in systems administration, schedule maintenance, admission, and registration for Academic and non-credit programs.
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. Sets and delegates day-to-day tasks to achieve operational objectives. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Problems typically involve a single area, process or constituent group. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree or previous relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated professional experience in a complex organization, including establishing efficient processes, meeting critical deadlines, and being an effective leader.
- Experience working in a higher education organization.
- Experience with college or university information systems, especially PeopleSoft.
60% of Time the Extended Studies Unit Supervisor must:
- Coordinate, manage, and participate in the activities of the division’s customer services
- Manage Extended Studies systems and processes.
- Maintain queries and reports in the PeopleSoft, DualEnroll, and ACEware systems to support the operations, planning and mission of the Division of Extended Studies.
- Perform data validation to ensure data quality, 100% accuracy, and improve overall perception and customer confidence in the work performed by CS.
- Become an area/process expert and remain current on all admission and enrollment processes. Identify process improvements that add value to the Division and ensure that Boise State’s practices are current.
- Remain flexible, collaborative, and responsive while working closely with the Extended Studies directors, associate directors, and personnel to manage and provide customer service support for established programs.
35% of Time the Extended Studies Unit Supervisor
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Extended Studies Unit Supervisor
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.