Job Standard for Residential Education Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#.
Residential Education Coordinator Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75349
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Housing
Responsible for shaping the environment and experiences for students living in the residence halls, this role oversees services and programs which focus on learning outcomes connected to academic success, effective community engagement, intrapersonal development and cultural competency.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 2 years experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- General knowledge of the personal and social problems typically encountered by college students
- Working knowledge of managerial techniques
60% of Time the Residential Education Coordinator must:
- Administration of daily operations and community development within the area
- Assist with interpretation and implementation of Residential Life, Housing, Dining, Conference Services, and University policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with campus units, liaisons and resources.
- Participate in departmental and cabinet-wide training and development activities
- Play an active role in the development of student staff.
- Coordinate systems and responses related to student behavior
- Receive and review disciplinary procedures and reports for clarity and specific policy interpretation
- Consult and collaborate with other University units related to student behavior as appropriate
- Ensure that safety and security procedures are established and maintained
35% of Time the Residential Education Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Residential Education Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Residential Education Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.