Job Standard HR Welcome Team Specialist, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
HR Welcome Team Specialist, Senior Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75480
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Human Resources
- Function: HR Generalist
This position provide high quality professional human resource services to customers in a variety of areas, including providing ongoing customer service to hiring managers and search committee members during the recruitment and hiring process; occasionally assisting with position classification work, supporting and performing components of the employee job offer and onboarding process; advising managers, supervisors, colleagues and employees regarding human resource practices, policies, and procedures.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and /or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations/policies/practices/general laws that affect human resource management such as Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative action, FLSA, etc.
- Experience interpreting and applying employment laws, rules, regulations and policies.
- Good knowledge of human resource administration of compensation and employment practices.
- Experience performing detailed job analysis and making classification recommendations.
- Excellent organization, communication, and customer service skills.
- Experience researching and preparing reports, performing analysis, and developing recommendations.
- Experience composing and editing effective written communication such as recommendations, justifications, decision documents, etc.
- Experience developing new classifications and writing job descriptions.
- Familiarity with compensation analysis principles.
60% of Time the HR Welcome Team Specialist, Senior must:
- Manage and coordinate the employee recruitment and hiring process for Classified, Professional, and Faculty positions (including Adjunct positions, when applicable).Serve as the primary point of contact in HR who provides guidance, customer service and support to “campus customers” which includes the hiring manager, Department Recruitment Contact (DRC), search committee members or others involved at various points in the hiring process; Answer a variety of daily questions from campus customers including where to find information (our website, other HR units, etc.), what steps to complete next and the reasons why, and why a proposed action is or is not recommended or allowed under policy; Pursue opportunities for continuous improvement and increase understanding of campus needs by asking campus customers probing questions that reveal information and opportunities we might not otherwise have discovered.
- Facilitate in-person or virtual search committee training as needed to department personnel. Training will include lawful interviewing, inclusive candidate evaluation procedures, and the need for additional outreach to underrepresented groups, including females, minorities, veterans and those with disabilities.
- Participate in Job Fairs or other recruiting events as a representative of Boise State University, answering applicants’ questions, identifying if they are a good fit for positions on campus, and connecting applicants with campus departments or inviting them to apply through live job postings.
- Work with Compensation as needed on compensation analysis and the maintenance of compensation program elements. When necessary, assist with change in employee compensation (CEC) analysis and processes.
- Research recruiting and hiring best practices to ensure we are providing the best experience for our campus customers, job candidates and new hires.
- Assist HR communications coordinator with developing, maintaining, implementing and communicating content on the Welcome Team website.
- Share with the Recruiter information learned from department personnel that may help the Welcome Team and/or Recruiter better source well-matched candidates or conduct more efficient search processes.
- Develop and prepare regular and ad hoc reports and metrics.
- Participate in or facilitate independent or team projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
35% of Time the HR Welcome Team Specialist, Senior
- Understand, provide guidance in, and ensure compliance with, each of the following, as applicable:
- Boise State University policies including but not limited to: compensation, benefit eligibility, affirmative action, background check, moving expenses, student hours and employee type definitions.
- Work with Welcome Team colleagues and managers to maintain compliant recruiting processes; research, collaborate, build, and maintain relationships with veteran’s advocates, female and minority organizations, and organizations of persons with disabilities; and identify and target online recruiting outreach for females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities to ensure compliance with the Affirmative Action Plan and associated goals and priorities.
- I-9 regulations and associated procedures and forms. VISA regulations working with the Center for Global Education.
- State Requirements:
- State Board of Education policies.
- State classification system.
- State of Idaho Division of Human Resources rules and related state statutes.
- Independent Contractor designations, regulations and practices.
- Federal regulations relating to employment including FLSA, EEO, Affirmative Action, FCRA, etc.
5% of Time the HR Welcome Team Specialist, Senior
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Campus and various external sites, office environment
Not applicable for HR Welcome Team Specialist, Senior
Recruiter. Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business needs, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.