What We Tackled:
- A big thank you to Department of Public Safety’s John Kaplan, Tana Monroe and Rob Littrell for joining the Fireside this week to talk to us about keeping campus safe and giving an overview of how to report incidents and concerns. Here’s your Video Recap!
- The Department of Public Safety has a boatload of great information on this PowerPoint.
Quick reminders from Public Safety
- Report safety concerns to the 24/7 Campus Communications Center -208-426-6911
- This is a Non-Emergency Line;
- call 9-1-1 if there is an immediate threat to life or property
- If you think a campus community member is struggling you can help! Submit a CARE Report.
- If you haven’t already, download the Rave Guardian App. It’s free mobile safety, sign up with your Boise State email.
- You can also submit a Silent Witness report. The Silent Witness reports are not immediately read but will be reviewed in a 24-hour period.
- This is a Non-Emergency Line;
- If you see something online you think should be reported… please do!
- Take a screenshot
- Save or write down the URL
- Email email@example.com or call Public Safety (208) 426-6911
- View the Continuity of Operations Planning page to understand more about emergency planning on campus.
- Remember campus security has many ways they are here to support you on campus.
- A great video resource on If you see something, say something.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get folks building access.
- On a fun note: If you ever want to “test” a panic button you can reach out to Tana Monroe and team to get them tested out and finally get to push that button.
- Lastly, if you witness an emergency on campus call 911
- A great rule of thumb: If you’d call 911 at home call 911 when on campus
- Staff Performance Evaluations are due to HR March 1, 2021.
- Join the Welcome Team at their Monthly DRC (Department Recruitment Coordinator) meeting Thursday, March 11 at 3pm. Email Jordy LePiane at email@example.com if you are not already on the invite and would like to join.
- If you missed it we have 2020 W-2 Information available though we have heard that the IRS is not processing returns until the middle of February due to COVID related delays.
- There was a Flexible Spending Guidance Update from the Office of Group Insurance – if you want to enroll in a Flex Spending Account you can learn more here.
- Boise State Benefits Open Enrollment for FY22 and FSA elections is coming up: April 26 – May 14, 2021.
- Watch the update and HR webpages for more information over the next few months regarding Open Enrollment and the Boise State Virtual Benefit Fair.
Next Up on the Fireside!
If you have elected to sign up for all our fireside chats you already have a calendar invite otherwise sign up for some of our upcoming topical conversations:
- Presenting HR Career Services – Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2021 at 11 am – 12 pm
- Employee Social Networks: Get Involved – Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2021 at 11 am – 12 pm
- Budget Update and Understanding CEC – Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 11am – 12 pm
- If you are already signed up you can add a question for this topic with the above link
Don’t Forget Your Resources
As always we want to remind you we are here for you and we have resources available for you. Check them out: