Skip to main content

W-2 and W-4


Boise State University is required by the IRS to furnish all employees with a W-2 Form, Wage and Tax Statement, for each calendar year to be used in completing the employees’ annual tax returns. The W-2 Form details the employee’s compensation and tax withholding amounts for the year from his/her paycheck. According to the Federal Treasury Regulation 31.6051-1, the W-2 Form must be furnished, meaning properly addressed and postmarked, by January 31 and 1042 Form (for Foreign National employees) by March 15.

Benefits of Receiving Form W-2 Electronically

    • Eliminates the risk of W-2 information getting lost or stolen in the mail
    • Eliminates the risk of a $5.00 charge to replace a lost or misplaced paper W-2
    • Eliminates delays in receiving the information due to the postal mailing process
    • Secure access to your W-2 any time

Access Current and Previous W-2 Documents


Access Tax Year 2019-current via My ADP
See instructions on how to access and view 2019-current


Access Tax Year 2007-2018 via My BoiseState
See instructions on how to access and view 2007-2018 W-2

W-2 Process Schedule
W-2 Disclosure Notices
Consent to receive your W-2 Statement electronically instead of by paper copy
Click Here for the latest IRS Tax Tips

How can former employees access W2 and paycheck information?

As of December 2020, former employees must request W-2 tax and/or paystub information through Human Resource ServicesW-2 and Paystub Request


You can file a new Form W-4 anytime your tax situation changes and you choose to have more, or less, tax withheld.

Helpful tools:

Click here to use a W-4 Withholding calculator provided by the IRS


Go online to my.BoiseState to file or make changes your W-4 or click here for a paper W-4 form.

NOTE: Marital status and allowances claimed for federal withholding will default to and be used for Idaho State Withholding unless you complete a paper ID W-4, see IDAHO STATE WITHHOLDING.

Instructions on How to View/Update Withholdings


To file or make changes for State of Idaho withholding only, click here for a paper ID W-4 form.

Paper W-4 Forms

Return paper W-4 forms to Human Resources-Payroll at Mail Stop 1265.

Back To Top