Optional Video Instructions
The due date for your video is July 10th, 2020 at 11:59 PM mountain time.
We encourage poster presenters to include a short (max. 2 minutes) “selfie” video along with their poster. Videos can be captured with personal phones, tablet, computer, or point-and-shoot cameras. In your video, please address one of the three prompts listed below. Use the prompt’s guiding questions to help focus your video.
Prompt 1: Tell the story of your research process.
- The traditional story structure has a beginning, middle, and end. As you think about your research experience, consider these questions:
- Where or how, specifically, did your research begin?
- What were some of the milestones or accomplishments along the way?
- Where are you now? Is this the end of your work, or is it a step in a larger journey? Describe.
Prompt 2: The One Key Idea
- Your research is full of important information, but what if your audience could only remember one key idea?
- What’s the one thing that the audience must know about your work?
Prompt 3: Research Identity
- We all have lots of identities (student, sibling, athlete, friend, etc). With the work you have done, you can now count researcher as one of your identities.
- Who are you as a researcher? Describe.
- What have you learned, and how have you grown through your research?
- Describe yourself as a researcher in 3 words.
Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes.