Skip to main content

Types of Bronco Cards

Full Time and Part-Time Students?

Students will receive a Bronco Card at orientation. New students that are not attending orientation must be registered for classes in order to obtain a Bronco Card. Please have at least one of the following: current class schedule, fee receipt, and/or valid driver’s license.


Affiliates or visitors must have an approved Request for Approval of Visitor and Affiliate Status and Services form on file with the University. This form will need to be completed with an ID# from HR and signed by the department VP before an ID can be produced.

Health Programs Clinical ID Badges

Badges will be available on the first day of classes with your professor. Please be sure that your name is on the list delivered to the Info Desk by your clinical coordinator. If you have lost your badge, come to the Info Desk for a replacement, Cost is $10.00.

Distance Learning Students

Students taking distance learning courses and living outside the Boise area can e-mail a digital photo in .jpg format to the Info Desk at Be sure to include your ID number and return address. Picture Requirements.  An initial $30 Student ID fee is not applied to your Bronco Web account and you are not required to obtain a Bronco Card.  Any request from Distance Learning Students for a voluntary Bronco Card will be charged $30.

Housing Dependents

People living in the apartments that are not registered students that need door access or laundry services will be able to receive a Housing card from the Bronco Card Office for $30. A Visitor/Affiliate form must be completed to be eligible for a dependent Bronco Card.

Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, & Staff (full or part-time)

After filing paperwork with HR, please bring your ID # and valid photo ID to the Info Desk. New cards are free for Faculty/Staff. If your Faculty/Staff ID has been lost, stolen, damaged due to negligence, name change, or want to get a new picture, the fee is $30.


Please bring your current ID card and your Emeriti letter to the Info Desk and we will replace it free-of-charge with an emeriti card.


Broncocards are not issued to alumni. The Alumni office issues a separate ID card that is available through the Alumni Office.
Contact: Alumni Association Office at (208) 426-1698

International Student ID

If you are going overseas and need an international student ID, visit the International Learning Opportunities office located in Room 101 of Simplot Micron Technology Center (SMTC).

Recreation Pass

Full-time students are entitled to free Recreation Center privileges. Non-full-time students must pay a semester or yearly fee. REC passes for alumni, spouses, children, and others who do not qualify for a Bronco Card are applied for at the Recreation Center.

Contact: REC Center (208) 426-1131

Getting Door Access

All Computer Science, College of Engineering students, and students living on-campus, will need door access. Many entrance and classroom doors are now equipped with card access readers. These readers will read coded information on the Bronco Card to either permit or deny access. If you feel you need to have access to a particular door with card access, contact the dean of the department, the building Resident Director, or the building administrator to request access. Please come to the Bronco Card office to enable your card and then to the department to activate it.


With any questions regarding this information or any other questions, please contact the Bronco Card office at (208) 426-4636.