- To browse the glossary of definitions within the Data Cookbook, log in to your account with your Boise State credentials.
- Select Definitions from the navigation tabs at the top of the page.
- Hover over the Definitions tab at the top of the page and select Browse Definitions.
- Search for Definitions
- On the Definitions page, use the Search: bar located at the top right of the webpage under the navigation bar. To search for a term, input the desired search term, and press enter or click the arrow (>).
- Use the Tools and Filters listed and described below to help narrow your search.
- Using Tools and Filters
- Sort By
- There are three options to order the list of definitions: alphabetical, recently modified, and recently created.
- Definitions can be displayed in two different formats: full content or name only.
- Filter By
- Functional Area—the department/group data stewards that manage the definition.
- Version—the current status of the definition (e.g., last approved, pending, in draft).
- Definition Source—where the definition originated from (not in use).
- Data System—the name of the campus data system(s) that currently use the defined term.
- Tag—keywords and terms related to the definition.
- Quick Definition Lookup
- This search bar is located under the Data Cookbook logo at the top of the site page.
- Results are rendered from local and public sources
- The results do not include Specifications, only definitions located within the Data Cookbook
- You may opt to get only local results by unchecking the “Include Public Community” checkbox.
- Sort By
What is the Data Cookbook?
The Data Cookbook is a new Data Governance tool that will help Boise State data producers and consumers view, use, capture, and develop data and reporting information that is consistent and accurate across the many reporting outlets housed on the campus.
More than a data dictionary, the Data Cookbook has a number of features that can be valuable to reporting efforts of the different functional areas at Boise State.
- Data terms and definitions
- Report specifications
- Community collaboration
To learn about these features in-depth, please see the posted pre-recorded videos available on iData’s web site.