Employee Referral Program
The Boise State Employee Referral Program is a recruiting strategy which encourages current employees to refer qualified candidates for benefit eligible jobs at the university. Employee referral programs are proven to be a cost-effective way to tap into a large, qualified labor pool of passive job seekers. Employees frequently network with professional peers and former co-workers outside of their organizations, giving them access to highly qualified cohorts who may not be actively seeking a new job but would consider one if the opportunity arose. Employee referral programs essentially turn all employees into recruiters.
We will continue to use a variety of recruiting methods when advertising job openings, this will help keep the applicant pool—and by extension, the workforce—more diverse. Search committees will continue to evaluate all candidates—including employee-referred candidates—using the same qualification criteria.
Human Resources will conduct ongoing analyses of the workforce and the applicant pool to ensure that the employee referral program is effective and is yielding the intended results. If the program is not meeting its intended goals and is negatively affecting workforce diversity, we will reevaluate the program.
Improving employee retention, morale, and the cultural fit of new hires, keeps the focus on employee engagement and the overall employee experience. Employees typically know and understand the needs of the University and refer candidates that are a good cultural fit, high performers and tend to stay with the organization longer.
- Eligible employees may receive $200.00 for referring a qualified benefit eligible new-hire.
- Maximum amount of bonus earnings per employee is two-thousand dollars ($2,000) per fiscal year.
- To be awarded, the employee must have on file a current performance evaluation with an overall rating of “Achieves Performance Standards” or better.
- All Boise State University employees, except those at vice president level and above, Human Resources personnel, and managers with hiring authority over the referred candidates, are eligible for the referral bonus.
- The referral date cannot be earlier than the date the job opening is posted. The hiring of a referred employee must occur within 180 days (six months) of the initial referral date.
- Summer, seasonal, adjunct and former employees of Boise State are not eligible candidates for referral.
- To be eligible for an award, the candidate must include the referral employee’s name, and the department, only one name allowed, on their application in the PageUp or NeoGov applicant tracking system.
- All candidates will be evaluated for employment consistent with company policies and procedures.
- All information regarding the hiring decision will remain strictly confidential.
- The referring employee must be employed by Boise State University during the hired candidate’s first 30 days of employment to receive payment of the referral bonus.
- Any disputes or interpretations of this employee referral program will be handled through Human Resources.
- All referral bonus payments will be paid within 30 days after the referred employee’s first day of employment at Boise State University.
- Any questions regarding the referral incentive program should be directed to Human Resources.