The Department of Kinesiology will review your application materials to determine if you meet the following criteria:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and at least a 3.0 GPA for the last 60 credits of undergraduate work.
- An appropriate pattern of classes providing a foundation for the graduate area of study as determined by Kinesiology Department graduate faculty. (If you do not meet this requirement, please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator for a list of recommended prerequisite courses within the discipline of kinesiology such as exercise science, physical education, human movement, and so on. Students applying for admission to the Physical Education Pedagogy programs will be required to have earned a degree in one of the following areas: physical education/kinesiology-related field, or education.
- Official scores from the verbal, quantitative, and analytical reports of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are required. The GRE must have been taken within five years of application. Please note that applicants posting verbal and quantitative scores of 33% and above will receive favorable attention.
- Letter of application describing your background, academic interests, career goals, and how this degree will assist you in achieving those goals and listing a potential faculty mentor.
- Three letters of reference.
*APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 1 (Fall admission only for new students)