Albertsons Library is excited to welcome you back! For everyone’s health and safety, there are some changes to using the library, which are in line with the University Guidelines:
- We will all have to wear facial coverings throughout campus — inside and, when continuous distancing isn’t possible, outside. The guidance from public health experts is as clear: even homemade cloth masks can help fight the spread of COVID-19.
- We will all have to stay at least six feet away from each other whenever possible.
- We have to stay extra clean. Wash your hands. Avoid touching your face. When you take your mask off, only touch the ear straps. Clean your shared spaces.
- We’ll have to treat shared desks and workspaces like equipment at the gym — clean them up for the next person!
- We all have to stay home at the first sign of any symptoms.
- We’ll need to be open to new ways to engage and connect.
- We’ll need to treat each other with respect and kindness. This is hard on everyone — and we will all have our moments. But we must lift each other up, not put each other down. We are Broncos. We are a community.
Hours and building access
- Library building opens August 19th
Interim Library Hours
August 19 – 20: 8am -7pm
August 21: 8am – 5pm
August 22: Closed
August 23: 9am – 6pm
- New Fall hours
Sunday: 9:00am – 10:00pm
Monday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
- Swipe your Bronco ID to enter the building.
Community members can schedule an appointment to access the collection or use the library services by consulting with a reference librarian about your specific need. To do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community members who wish to use the MakerLab (email@example.com) or Special Collections and Archives (firstname.lastname@example.org), can email them directly to request an appointment.
Book checkouts, reserves, and interlibrary loan
- We now have self-checkout machines and drive by delivery!
A new self-checkout machine is being installed at the circulation desk. Quickly scan your items and go!
- Can’t get into the library building, try requesting a curbside pick-up at the booth near the big B. To request the drive by delivery option, please add a note to the “Comment” field or contact us at email@example.com.
- Self-serve Holds: Now when you place a book on hold, you can quickly come into the library and pick up your book from our new Self-serv Holds shelves across from the circulation desk.
- Print reserves are suspended but digital course reserves are growing.
- Book delivery for staff and faculty will now be provided through the campus mail.
- To ensure the safety of both patrons and staff, returned books are being placed in quarantine for 3 days before being reshelved or returned for interlibrary loan items.
Research and Instruction
Students, staff and faculty can request research assistance via multiple methods:
- In-person reference service on the first floor, M-W 9am-5pm, Th 9am-4pm, F 9am-3pm
- Chat or text, M-F 9am-5pm
- Reference phone (208) 426-3301, M-W 9am-5pm, Th 9am-4pm, F 9am-3pm
- Send an email or make an appointment with your liaison. Your liaison is available for online instruction
- 3rd and 4th floors are for quiet, individual study
- Library study rooms are reservable for single study. Facial coverings are required in all study rooms.
Computers and Printing
- The plotter printer is now located behind the Circulation Desk. Staff will help you with your printing.
- Computers have been spaced out to enable social distancing.
Video Production Suite
- You can reserve the Video Production Suite, limited to 2 people at a time.
- The MakerLab is digitally open and all resources can be used if you contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Services available by appointment:
Book equipment: 3D printers, laser cutter, soldering irons, sewing machines
Coaching on projects
Special Collections and Archives
- Open by appointment on Tuesday and Wednesday, 10am – 3pm.
- If you need another day/time, please email email@example.com
- Consultations available by video, phone, or email. Staff will provide digital reproductions on request
We are Broncos.
We’ve Got This Covered.