2020 Wind Band Clinic
Thursday, February 6 — Saturday, February 8, 2020
This is an invitation to participate in an outstanding educational and musical experience with featured guest clinician Dr. Stephen Peterson.
Stephen Peterson was appointed director of bands at the University of Illinois in the fall of 2015, where his responsibilities include:
- Conducts the Illinois Wind Symphony
- Leads the graduate wind conducting program
- Teaches courses in wind literature
- Guides all aspects of one of the nation’s oldest, largest, and most storied band programs.
Prior to joining the faculty at the University of Illinois:
- Served as director of bands at Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York for seventeen years
- Served as associate director of bands at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois
- Conductor of the renowned Northshore Concert Band
- Has several years of successful teaching experience in the public schools in Arizona
Participating bands will have…
- Performance in the beautiful Morrison Center Main Hall
- On-stage band clinic by Dr. Stephen Peterson
- Digital recording of performance
- Written/recorded comments about performance from Boise State Music faculty
- 40-minute Power Band Clinic with Boise State Music faculty
- Individual performance clinics for wind, brass & percussion instruments by the Boise State Music faculty.
- Educational/Teaching clinic for band directors with Dr. Stephen Peterson
- Performance/Open Rehearsal with Dr. Stephen Peterson, Prof. Marcellus Brown & University Symphonic Winds
General Daily Clinic Schedule
For the best use of the clinic time, bands are encouraged to play approximately 15-20 minutes of music in contrasting styles. The remainder of the clinic time will be with the clinicians, Dr. Stephen Peterson, and Boise State University faculty members.
- 8:00—11:00 am: Band Clinics
- 11:00—11:50 am: Individual Instrument Clinics
- 11:50 am—12:35 pm: Lunch
- 12:40—1:40 pm: Symphonic Winds Open Rehearsal and Performance
- 1:40—5:40 pm: Band Clinics
- Power Band Clinics: TBA
Application and Fees
- Participating ensembles will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis until the slots for both days are full. Applications will be accepted through November 15, 2019.
- This will all be provided for $350. If you are interested in bringing a second band, the fee will be discounted to $150 for the second group.
- Checks are due by January 25, 2020 and should be made payable to: Boise State University Department of Music.
- Boise State University Band Graduate Assistant Cathryn Volk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- General phone contact number Main Music Office (208) 426-1772