Daniel Wiley Appointed Assistant Conductor for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra

Boise State Music alumnus, Daniel Wiley has recently been appointed Assistant Conductor for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, and May Festival. Founded in 1895, the CSO has a long history of exquisite performances, premier talent, and strong leadership. Wiley will begin his work with the organization in September 2022.

Since graduating from Boise State in 2013 with a B.A. in Music Education, Wiley has held numerous conducting posts, including Assistant Conductor of the Jacksonville Symphony, Music Director of the Jacksonville Symphony Youth Orchestras, Associate Conductor of the Windsor Symphony Orchestra, Music Director of the Windsor Symphony Youth Orchestras, Music Director of the Windsor Symphony Community Orchestra, Wind Ensemble Conductor at the School of Creative Arts at the University of Windsor, Education Conductor/Consultant for London Symphonia, Conductor for the Windsor Abridged Opera Company, Music Director of Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science Youth Orchestra, and Assistant Conductor for the Meridian Symphony Orchestra.

“While I am thrilled to be joining a world class orchestra as part of their artistic staff, I know I could not have gotten here without the countless mentors and people who believed in me. This was especially true when I first began conducting seriously at Boise State during my undergraduate. I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by talented and knowledgeable faculty members who challenged me and set me up for success.” – Daniel Wiley

For more information, you can check out the full CSO announcement at https://bit.ly/3OktvJZ