The State of Idaho’s Office of Group Insurance has announced changes to benefit plans and premiums that are available to benefit-eligible employees for the upcoming fiscal year, July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024 (FY2024).
What is open enrollment?
Open enrollment is an annual period of time when benefit-eligible employees can make changes to their benefit plan.
Who should participate?
The university encourages all benefit-eligible employees to review current coverage to ensure their selected benefits still meet the needs of individuals and families.
When may employees make updates or changes to their benefits?
Open enrollment for FY2024 is April 24 to May 12, 2023. It is the only opportunity, until the next open enrollment period, to enroll in a flexible spending account or to make changes to a medical plan without a qualifying event. Boise State is obligated to meet deadlines set by the State of Idaho, therefore all benefit change forms must be returned to Human Resources by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 12. Forms will not be accepted after this time.
Emailing forms to email@example.com is the preferred method for submitting forms. All valid e-signatures are accepted (changing a font to cursive is not accepted).
Where can employees find an overview of benefits and premium changes?
- Boise State’s open enrollment website has more information and FAQs.
- The OGI Home Page provides state employees with a useful guide named the FY24 New Plan Year Highlights.
- There are some premium changes for the upcoming fiscal year. There is a new Health Savings Plan option available to employees who choose the High Deductible Plan.
- The OGI FY2024 Premiums website provides employees with an overview of premium changes – the FY24 Bi-weekly Medical and Dental Premiums document is a helpful reference.
How can employees learn more and get hands-on assistance?
The Boise State benefits team provides several opportunities to guide employees through the open enrollment process.
- Learning sessions will inform employees of benefit and premium updates for the FY24 open enrollment cycle. Register here for learning sessions.
- The annual benefits fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, May 9 in the Student Union Jordan Ballroom. Over 20 vendors and campus partners are available to provide additional information on plans and other benefits.
- The benefits team will host two form collection stations in Albertsons Library lobby:
May 11: 9:30am – 1:30pm
May 12: 12:30pm – 4:30pm
- The benefits team is available to answer questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.