All computer orders (including iPads and other tablet devices) must be submitted through Help Desk Self Service.
The State of Idaho requires new computer purchases to be of standard configurations (which are of high quality and available at a deep discount) with choices of brands and models.
Exceptions may be requested for legitimate academic use.
- iPads and other tablet devices cannot be purchased via P-card, nor can employees be reimbursed for purchasing such equipment with personal funds.
- Brand preference or budget availability are not considered for exceptions.
- We strongly recommend you purchase a State of Idaho standard machine unless you have specific needs requiring a different hardware configuration.
- See our vendors page for State of Idaho-contracted computer vendors. OIT will place orders and charge to a P-card (or submit a Purchase Order).
- Please review University Computing Standards for supported hardware and software.
- Note that OIT Customer Care provides authorized onsite warranty repair for Dell, HP, and Apple desktop computers.
- Please review AppleCare+ warranty information for iPads and iPhones.