Skip to main content

Change My Major


Log in to myBoiseState, then select Change My Major below the “My Academics” tab.

Change or Drop Major/Certificate

  • Change current major, or drop current major by selecting the Change/Drop box.
  • Add a second major, or add a certificate, by clicking on the drop down arrow next to department.

You must also select a plan type (use the drop down arrow) and a plan (use drop down arrow).

Note: You must have at least one active major at all times. If you have only one major and try to drop that major, you will receive an error message. This means, rather that dropping the major, you need to change the major.

Change Current Plan

To change your current plan:

  1. In the Change To box select the department of your major.
  2. Select the plan
  3. Click Submit Changes at the bottom of the screen

You will see the changes you have requested. (Pay attention to the pop up box with notes.)

If the new major (plan) you selected requires that you complete an event/activity prior to approval of the major, your status for that major will be pending.


You will receive an email either approving the change or directing you to some action for the change to be approved by the academic department.

If the department requires some action on your part, the change of major will not be approved until you have completed that action.

Need Assistance?

Contact the Office of the Registrar at (208) 426-4249, (800) 824-7017, or email