Available Phone Options
The Office of Information Technology offers a desk phone, softphone (computer-based phone), and conference phone, along with accessories.
View a price list of phone models and accessories:
Order Phones or Accessories
To order, please submit a request through Help Desk Self Service:
Connect Your Phone
- Connect the blue cable between the “10/100 SW” (center) jack on the rear of the phone to the phone port on the wall.
- Connect the white cable between the “10/100 PC” (right) jack on the rear of the phone to the ethernet port on your computer.
Caution: Do not connect the 10/100 PC port on your phone to anything other than your desktop computer; if you connect this to a wall jack it will cause a network loop and is a terrible, no good, very bad thing.
- Main Boise State Campus Numbers: 6-xxxx or 7-xxxx
- University Housing Numbers: 7-xxxx
- Local Calls: Dial 8 + the number.
- Emergency 911 Calls: Dial 911 and wait for the call to connect.
- Incoming Calls: Incoming calls to Boise State may be placed to the desired extension by dialing extension number listed in the Boise State directory. Incoming collect calls or third-party number calls to Boise State are not accepted.
- Direct Dial Long Distance (U.S. and Canada): 8 + 1 + area code then 7 digits
- Toll Free Dialing: 8 + 1 + toll free number
- International (Overseas) & Mexico: 8 + 011 + required numbers, ie. city code, country code. There can be a delay of up to 12 seconds when connecting, do not hang up and redial before the call connects.
- Directory Assistance (U.S.): 8 + 411 (Current charge is .95 cents per call). Our dial tone provider, Time Warner, will provide directory assistance.
- Directory Assistance (International): 8 +1 + 412-555-1515
- Corporate Calling Cards: Available for those individuals who travel or have a need for a calling card. Contact the Help Desk for more information.
Cisco Phone Guides and Tutorials
How to Configure Your Telephone
You can configure your Cisco IP phone online through Cisco Call Manager.
Configuration options include forwarding calls to another number, adding or updating Speed Dial settings, and many more.
Normal labor repair rate is $56.00 per hour, billed in 1/4 hour increments.
Problems with phones or data lines that are not working are given top priority for repair. However, if you need immediate service for something else, you may request Priority Service. This request will move your work order to the top of the queue for installation, moves or repairs.
Priority requests are billed at a higher rate than normal work orders. Priority service labor rate is $112 an hour, billed in 1/2 hour increments.
To request priority service, submit a work request through Help Desk Self Service and call the number(s) below to inform an individual that you are requesting Priority Service.
Please provide the Call Ticket number you receive via email reply. If the first number goes to voicemail, please dial the second and then the third.
- OIT Business Services Manager: (208) 426-2743
- Network Services Manager: (208) 426-3093
- OIT Business Services: (208) 426-1433