Inbox by Gmail is now available at Boise State! Inbox is an alternative way to access your emails that lets you bundle emails together, set reminders for emails, and more.
Inbox is a completely different way to organize your mailbox. It treats emails as to-dos, assuming you’ll do more with them than just read them. Instead of having options such as “mark as read” and “archive,” you’ll see things like:
- Bundles – group similar emails together (Labels you’ve created in Gmail will appear as bundles in Inbox.)
- Reminders – create tasks and to-do lists within email
- Snooze – set emails or reminders to appear in your inbox again at a later date
- Pin – pin important emails to the inbox to find them easily
- Done – mark finished emails as Done and they’ll be archived
- Sweep – archive all unpinned emails from a certain bundle or time period
Inbox and Gmail have many of the same features and stay in sync automatically. (So whatever you do in one carries over to the other.) Best of all, you can switch between Inbox and Gmail at any time.
To access Inbox, visit inbox.google.com.
Training sessions for Inbox will be offered in the coming weeks. In the meantime, you can find information about Inbox, including step-by-step instructions and tips and tricks, at the Google Apps Learning Center.
If you have questions or would like more information about Inbox, please contact the OIT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 208-426-4357.