Google recently added shortcuts to create Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Slides, Sites and Forms from anywhere in your web browser.
As long as you’re logged in to myBoiseState or G Suite at Boise State, you can simply type doc.new in your web browser address field, and a new Google Doc will appear.
Here’s the complete list of shortcuts you can quickly type to create new documents and sites in a browser window:
- Google Docs: doc.new, docs.new, document.new
- Google Forms: form.new, forms.new
- Google Sheets: sheet.new, sheets.new, spreadsheet.new
- Google Sites: site.new, sites.new, website.new
- Google Slides: slides.new, deck.new, presentation.new
Try it out!