Global Accessibility Awareness Day is annually observed on third Thursday of May and features virtual events, resources, and online presentations focusing on digital access and inclusion for over one billion people with disabilities and impairments.
Boise State’s Office of Information Technology is contributing by presenting “10 Tools for Digital Accessibility” through the Idaho Digital Accessibility Consortium on Thursday, May 21.
Produced by OIT’s Carolyn Quintero, the video provides example of available tools designed for improving digital access and inclusion for people of all abilities.
Additional Idaho Digital Accessibility Consortium (IDAC) events include:
Featured IDAC Trainings
Introduction to Digital Accessibility/ICT Accommodations
A webinar discussion including what digital accessibility/Information Communication Technology (ICT) is, who it benefits, why we should all consider it, and learn three things you can do starting today to set the example of inclusive digital content.
- Monday, May 18, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. MDT
Hosting Accessible Virtual Events
A webinar discussion exploring what it means to host an accessible virtual event and identify resources to help you do so.
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. MDT
- Incorporating Personas and Workflows into VPAT Methodology – May 20
- Basic Accessibility Fundamentals Bootcamp – May 21 (9:00 – 12:30)
- Virtual Panel: Teleworking for People with Disabilities – May 21 (9:00 – 10:00)
- Intro to Audio Description – May 21 (12:00 – 12:30)
- Intro to Agile Accessibility – May 21 (1:00- 2:00)
- Section 508 Best Practices: Accessible Office Documents – May 26
- Digital Accessibility Trends 2020 Update – June 2 (9:00)
- Publishing Accessibility Laws 101 – May 26 (12:00 – 1:00)
- Quick Start to Captioning – June 4 (12:00)
- Accessible Signage – July 15 (9:00)