Bronco Learn, the Boise State online learning platform for non-academic certification, compliance training, and professional development, is transitioning from the Blackboard Genius to the Canvas Catalog platform.
Bronco Learn will be unavailable April 19 through April 30, 2021 during this transition.
Our goal in Learning Technology Solutions (LTS) is to provide this unique system to bring all University trainings into one central location and to give access to all interested parties: open, online learning for everyone everywhere that’s how we (en)roll.
The transition to the Canvas Catalog platform provides many benefits including:
- An easy-to-use interface with a clean look for content;
- Departments will have administrative access to organize and present their courses as catalogs;
- Course administrators will have access to reporting, enrollments and course communications preferences;
- Students and student employees will have one consolidated account in Bronco Learn;
- Departments can create custom certificates;
- Badging options will be available for individual courses and can be built as part of a certification;
Currently Enrolled in a Bronco Learn Class?
If you are currently enrolled in a Bronco Learn class, you have two options:
- complete the class by 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 1
- Or begin and complete the class in the new platform after May 3, 2021.
Note: If you are in-progress on a class and do not complete the class by 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 1, all progress will be lost and you will be required to start over after the transition.
Do You Host Classes in Bronco Learn?
LTS will reach out to all class hosts to provide assistance on customizing your class(es) in Canvas Catalog.
If you have questions about Bronco Learn, contact LTS at email@example.com.