Boise State faculty and staff are invited to join the Learning Technology Solutions team to explore accessibility in the University Learning Management System with Canvas Ally. This 45-minute Zoom session will elevate your understanding of accessibility by using Canvas Ally to create an inclusive and empowering learning environment.
The presentation provides an insightful discussion on the importance of accessibility in education, including how to create an inclusive learning environment, meet diverse student needs, and foster equal educational opportunities for all.
We will provide a step-by-step walkthrough on reviewing the Canvas Ally report and how its valuable feedback allows you to identify and address accessibility issues within your course materials efficiently.
Patrick Lowenthal, a faculty member in the Department of Educational Technology, will also share his experience using Ally to improve accessibility in Canvas courses.
The presentation will conclude with a dedicated time for questions and discussions, allowing you to interact with our experts and fellow faculty members.
The session will be held on Tuesday, February 6 from 1:00 pm to 1:45 pm via Zoom.
How to add this event to your calendar
- Go to the LTS Events Calendar.
- Scroll to the calendar on the webpage, click on the event to open its details, and select Copy to my Calendars.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to choose the calendar to copy the event to. Select your personal Google Calendar from the list.
- Confirm your choice and save the copied event. The event will now appear in your personal Google Calendar.
- Go to your personal Google Calendar to ensure the event appears.