Team Mindset Lab
Welcome to Dr. Soo Jeoung “Crystal” Han’s
Team Mindset Lab!
Our primary mission is to conduct high-quality research in the field of team development and performance to bridge the gap between research and practice. We aim to support organizations to practice effective team skills in hopes of improving their performance.
Dr. Han is an Assistant Professor in the Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning (OPWL) department of the College of Engineering at Boise State University. She focuses on team research by collaborating with OPWL students, graduates, and faculty members, and students and faculty at other universities.
Dr. Han regularly teaches:
- Foundations of Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning
In this course, students study historical foundations, prominent people, and events that contributed to the development of the fields of instructional technology and performance technology. They apply relevant theories and models to real or realistic organizational situations in industry, government, military, and non-profit settings.
- Principles of Adult Learning
In this course, students explore how contemporary adult learning theories and practices are applied to the fields of instructional technology and performance technology, particularly with respect to the instructional design process. Students will apply methods, strategies and technologies specific to adult learners to real workplace problems.
- Blended Learning for Performance and Improvement
In this course, students investigate various learning technologies that can contribute to the building and sharing of individual and organizational knowledge. Based on analysis of learner’s performance needs, students design blended approaches to improving workplace learning and performance by combining face-to-face learning and e-learning.
Our lab focuses on how subjective team mindsets (e.g., thoughts, beliefs, and expectations) can improve the team and organizational performance using cognitive, behavioral, and psychological, mechanisms. We are interested in understanding how team mindsets affect important outcomes, and if any interventions can improve team mindsets to achieve better results. We use a variety of methods (e.g., surveys, focus group interviews, and video analysis) to understand team challenges and employ strategies to overcome those team challenges and to design interventions that can positively change performance, creativity, and innovation in organizations.
- If you are interested in joining Dr. Han’s TML to pursue research and learning activities virtually, please review the contact page and contact Dr. Han via email (email@example.com).
- If you are a manager or a practitioner and need support to improve your team performance, contact Dr. Han via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use the questions below as a guideline:
- Are you interested in leading your teams to higher performance results?
- Do you know how culturally diverse virtual teams operate successfully?
- Is your team an interdisciplinary team?
- Do you want to empower team members to work effectively?
We provide customized solutions to your performance problems or questions of interest that might include a variety of services. Areas of specialty include team performance assessment, team performance consulting, and customized training for team development.