This NLC jobs page is found under the title Associate Director of Assessment: https://lineman.edu/business/work-for-nlc/ (towards the bottom of the page)
Looking to hire an Associate Director of Assessment at an Award-Winning Company in Meridian, ID
POSITION: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: Meridian, Idaho
SALARY: Total Compensation to include competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, 401(k) with immediate vesting, annual bonus program and relocation assistance
DEADLINE: Open Until filled
Northwest Lineman College (NLC) is seeking an experienced, highly communicative, analytical, organized Associate Director of Assessment. As a subject matter expert, this position will ensure all NLC’s program assessments align with best practices and guarantee the best outcome for student learning. You’ll work closely with instructional designers, program managers, and other team members to develop and evaluate student mastery of learning objectives at the appropriate depth of knowledge. In addition to evaluating the assessments for effectiveness, you will conduct assessments that measure the effectiveness of curriculum, instructional methods, and student performance. Reports to Chief Education Officer.
Why Northwest Lineman College?
Northwest Lineman College is an industry-leading institution providing educational services for the line trades in the Power, Gas, and Telecom industries. NLC has been setting an exceptional standard of training for pre-apprentice, apprentice, and journey-level linework since 1993. We are a rapidly growing, visionary, and innovative employer who genuinely cares about the happiness of our people. That’s why we are a six-time “When Work Works” award winner and certified “Great Place to Work” (2020). We are passionate about training because we change lives and improve safety. We value our customers and thrive in the dynamic world of power and telecom delivery, pushing ourselves to excellence and making work fun.
What you’ll be doing:
- Facilitate and lead meetings with stakeholders and project team members to gather assessment requirements.
- Execute test design and production processes with consideration for test validity and reliability.
- Oversee course and programmatic test creation.
- Train curriculum developers in test design and in item writing and rating.
- Develop multiple item types and testing modes for life-cycle learning from pre-enrollment through all stages of career development with consideration for accessibility, diversity, and inclusion.
- Develop item and test analysis processes to ensure the quality and accuracy of results using classical and item response theory models.
- Interpret and explain assessment measures (test analysis, validity, and reliability) to stakeholders.
- Track the performance of exams and test items; when necessary, oversee revision to ensure exams meet the target audience and program needs.
- Train campus staff in test administration and item analysis.
- Keep abreast of new developments in measurement theory and application. Identify developments that may enhance test delivery, exam construction, and test security.
- Research and evaluate the potential effects of curriculum revision in programs.
The experience needed for this position includes:
- Graduate degree in education, educational assessment, or another relevant field;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience writing and analyzing tests in higher education
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in large-scale educational assessment measurement
The successful candidate will have the following personal characteristics:
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both oral and written
- Professional knowledge of education and best practices in assessments
- Experience leading assessment programs
- General understanding of all phases of the development, processing, scoring, and reporting of large-scale assessments
- Excellent planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills and ability to coordinate multiple activities
- Exudes a high level of professionalism, driven by a standard of excellence – in short, you will embody the NLC spirit! Not sure what that means? Watch our spirit video here https://vimeo.com/142671973
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at https://lineman.edu/business-home/work-for-nlc/, scroll down and click on the Curriculum Assessment Specialist position to apply and to learn about amazing benefits. All inquiries and submissions will be kept strictly confidential.
Northwest Lineman College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and six-time recipient of the “When Work Works” award, which recognizes exemplary employers who create effective, flexible workplaces to increase business and employee success.