Location: Hartford, CT
Job Title: Learning Designer
Job Description and application instruction: https://careers.travelers.com/job/12676342/learning-designer-hartford-ct/?codes=S0727
* The salary range in Colorado for this position is $74,400-111,600.
* All employees are eligible for performance-based cash awards, either through Travelers annual bonus program or through the Reward and Recognition (R&R) program.
Below is the email received seeking applicants.
I am reaching out to programs that specialize in instructional design as I have an immediate need. Do you have anyone in your program that might be interested? Below is the job description. Hope all is well.
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision, designs and develops learning solutions and resources of increasing complexity used by professionals and facilitators to train employees to perform their jobs. Types of deliverables may include e-learning/self-paced learning solutions, multimedia, materials for instructor-led training, and job aids. Position may focus on design and/or development depending on organizational needs. This job may manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Conduct analysis and make actionable recommendations related to learning needs. Contribute to development of short- and long-term organizational strategies and initiatives.
* Recommend learning strategies and approaches for assigned projects; determine a preliminary level of effort required for each recommendation.
* Contribute to development of short- and long-term organizational strategies and initiatives.
* Develop a project plan, project schedule, and milestone dates. Manage work through the project lifecycle. May take on project manager role.
* Design and develop complex learning solutions aligned with business and learner needs.
* Deliver leading-edge solutions. May work with team to explore new technologies or be internal lead for a specific technology.
* Design and recommend measurement tools for specific solutions and for broader use across our organization. Monitor feedback, evaluate impact and effectiveness of solutions, and communicate results and recommendations to business partners.
* Right size and reduce resource requirements without impacting quality or effectiveness.
* Bachelor’s degree or five years of experience in instructional design/technologies, adult learning, or business related field.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
* Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, learning and development, learning technologies, or comparable field preferred.
* Six or more years of experience applying adult learning and design best practices to design/develop engaging, effective learning resources in a wide variety of formats.
* Proficiency in MS Office products, including MS Teams experience with at least 2 – 3 additional multimedia and learning technology tools such as Vyond, Articulate, Adobe Products, SharePoint, Camtasia, web development, etc. Knowledge of Learning Experience Platforms.
* Experience incorporating multimedia elements (audio, video, and graphics) into blended learning solutions.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to self-review and meet rigorous quality standards.
* Experience working in a project environment and familiarity with project management tools and techniques.
* Demonstrated focus on continuous self-learning and exploring new trends, strategies, and practices in the talent development field.
* Experience building, maintaining, and repairing work relationships.
* Able to work effectively in collaborative work environment.
James Perkins.E.d.D. | BI Operations Business Support
One Tower Square CR 6 Cube 921
Hartford, CT 06183
W: 860.277.0467 C:860-430-4499