With work becoming increasingly more virtual, there has never been a better time to consider contracting or offering your services as a consultant. There are numerous advantages to consider but how does one best prepare for their contracting and consulting career path?
To equip professionals with the process and tools needed for offering their contracting or consulting services, OPWL has partnered with Dr. Dawn Snyder of Dawn Snyder Associates, a consultant that has been working with organizations for more than 20 years “to help them take their performance to the next level” to offer a 2-credit 7-week course on establishing a business for contracting and/or consulting in the Fall 2021 semester (August 23 – October 8).
Dr. Snyder will provide guidance on the factors to consider when offering services for pay, such as:
- Accounting rules and regulations for self-employment
- Business requirements and standards for your practice
- Elements to include in a project proposal
The course will be offered online using a blended learning approach by having 90 min synchronous meetings scheduled every two weeks to allow for informal learning conversations and address topics on how to:
- determine a rate for services rendered
- determine a scope of work for a given project
- mitigate a client’s changing requirements on a project
- best promote and grow your services
- avoid failure
No prerequisites are required to take this course – all current OPWL students are eligible to take this course. OPWL graduates are also welcome to take this course. If you are not an OPWL student yet, to be eligible to enroll, you have two options:
- Apply for FREE to the MS in Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning with a fall 2021 start using fee waiver code OPWMSFA21
- Apply as a Nondegree seeking student for fall 2021
Seats are limited so if interested to learn more, please reach out to OPWL Academic Advisor Jo Ann Fenner at firstname.lastname@example.org TODAY!