Steve Villachica, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Educational Technology, University of Northern Colorado
- M.A. in Computer Technology in Education, University of Northern Colorado
- B.A. in English, University of Northern Colorado
Dr. Villachica has consulted and worked in business, government, and non-profit settings for more than 25 years. He joined the faculty of the Department of Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning in the College of Engineering at Boise State University in 2007. Prior to joining Boise State, Steve collaborated with colleagues and clients at DLS Group, Inc., to create large-scale performance support systems, e-learning, instructor-led training, job aids, and a host of award-winning performance improvement solutions for pharmaceutical companies, law enforcement agencies, securities companies and regulators, the Intelligence Community, and others. At Boise State, Steve teaches courses in instructional design, needs assessment, and workplace performance improvement. Dr. Villachica’s research interests focus on identifying and leveraging exemplary performance throughout organizations. His current research efforts investigate aspects of student readiness for the workplace.
- OPWL 537 Instructional Design
- OPWL 529 Needs Assessment
- OPWL 560 Workplace Performance Improvement