Jacksons – eLearning Instructional Designer/Developer Paid Internship
1. What is the name of the internship organization? Also provide a brief description about the organization.
Jacksons Food Stores, Inc. is a nationally recognized operator of convenience stores operating in several states and headquartered in Meridian, Idaho. Jacksons was founded in Caldwell, Idaho in 1975 as a single service station and has grown to become a nationally recognized chain of over 300 Chevron/Texaco/Shell branded stores operating in seven western states. All company operations currently employ over 3,000 associates. A winner of best place to work in multiple markets, Jacksons embraces growth, diversity and inclusion, innovative technology with clean and modern facilities, and strong community partnerships.
2. What is the website URL?
3. What is the internship title?
eLearning Instructional Designer/Developer Paid Internship
4. During which semester should/can this internship be completed?
Fall 2022 (August 22 – December 9, 2022)
4.1 If the internship cannot start and during a semester, provide specific starting and ending dates:
Starting date: any time July 11, 2022 or after
Ending date: September 30, 2022
Would like to post for up to 2 interns ASAP and for fall semester.
5. What is the expected # of work hours per week (e.g., 5 hours/week, 10 hours/week, 20 hours/week, etc)?
6. Students are expected to spend a total of 45-50 hours/credit. If students want to earn # of OPWL 590 Practicum/Internship credits by completing this internship, how many credits would this internship quality?
7. Does the intern need to work during a specific time schedule (e.g., 8 am – noon, MT), or is it flexible as long as the intern completes the required number of work hours during each week?
8. Is it a paid internship?
$18/hr (Willing to pay up to $20/hr depending on skill level)
9. Is it an on-site or remote internship?
On-site: Jacksons Corporate
Remote: Intern location would be the defining factor. This internship can easily be remote with MS Teams meetings. If the intern is in Boise/Meridian/Nampa, we have space available and would prefer an onsite internship with some possibility of hybrid.
10. What are the expected tasks the intern will perform? Describe.
Note: Our program is a master’s program, and the internship tasks should be graduate-level work.
- Design and develop interactive eLearning content for use in LMS.
- Analyze existing content (PPT).
- Consult with stakeholders to identify desired behaviors and outcomes.
- Create storyboards – script for narration, noting interactive components and onscreen text/graphics, etc.
- Send storyboards to stakeholders and training for review and content approval. Make requested changes; iterate review process as necessary.
- Once content approval received by stakeholder and training, develop eLearning module using Adobe Captivate.
- Publish for QA/review in LMS.
- Make modifications and republish for final approval.
- Ensure all course information/documentation is versioned, organized, and available to training team in OneDrive.
11. What knowledge and skills must the intern have in order to apply for this internship? List.
- Instructional design fundamentals
- Adobe Captivate – intermediate
- Basic Microsoft Office 365 functionality
- Ability to interview stakeholder to gather necessary information for course design
- Creative with an eye on detail
12. Who will be the intern’s supervisor?
Name: Rebeccah Hess
Title: Manager, Training and Leadership Development
13. Among the equipment needed for this internship (e.g., computer, software, etc.), which equipment will be provided by the organization, and which equipment should be provided by the intern (i.e., using their own)? Describe.
Provided by the organization:
Adobe Captivate 2019
Provided by the intern:
If the intern has their own copy of Adobe Captivate 2019 will consider using.
14. How would your organization ensure providing a safe working environment to the intern? Describe.
Jacksons Companies is a local, family-owned organization that puts its people first. The working environment at Jacksons corporate is well-spaced, low stress, and friendly. All entries are either card access or reception monitored.
15. What materials should the intern submit when applying for this internship? (e.g., resume, etc.)
16. To whom should the applicants submit their application?