Enhancing your Experiences
Community Service and Volunteer Ideas
Those of you interested in attending a professional school should be looking to participate in on-going volunteer work. We will do our best to expose you to some opportunities in the community. Below are just a few organizations in need of help. Get some friends together, and we can organize a group volunteer position. Please work with your pre-professional studies pathways advisor to find out more.
- The Idaho Youth Ranch: needs office volunteers and volunteers to work directly with children
- The Boise Senior Center: needs help with various center projects
- Idaho Elks Rehab Hospital: needs all kinds of volunteers, great opportunity for PT students, or premeds interested in rehabilitation
- Veterans Administration/Home: needs escorts, messengers, volunteers to visit patients
- St. Lukes and St. Als Hospitals: opportunities to volunteer in the hospital setting, in most any department
- The Garden City Community Clinic: Volunteers are needed now to assist at the GCCC with intake/eligibility during the Tuesday and Thursday clinics. The position is excellent for students interested in medical school, PA, or other health professional schools as it gives you the opportunity to have patient contact.
- The Marie Blanchard Friendship Clinic
- Terry Reilly – Treasure Valley
- Hearts and Home Hospice Care