Welcome Back! Fall 2021 Announcements

Welcome Back!

Welcome back, everyone! As we near the beginning of the Fall semester, the Department of Psychological Science has several announcements to share. Continue reading to hear more about what’s new!

Meet the Fall 2021 Peer Advising Team

The PSYC Peer Advisors are here for you! For the Fall 2021 semester, we will be offering drop-in office hours both in-person and on ZOOM. Our Fall 2021 office hours are subject to change, and may be altered before the beginning of the semester – more details are forthcoming. 

Samantha Cary
Hi, my name is Samantha! I’m a fourth year student at Boise State and am hoping to pursue genetic counseling after I graduate. I’m super passionate about psychology and biology. I’m originally from San Diego, but moved to Boise for school and have fallen in love with it. In my free time, I enjoy roller skating, spending time with friends, and coloring. I am also extremely fond of dogs and Mexican food.

Lizzy McGhee
Hello! My name is Lizzy. I am currently a fourth year psychology student working my way to medical school. I have loved most of my course work here at BSU, my favorite class being PSYC 301, Abnormal Psychology. When I am not studying, I am working as a nursing assistant at an assisted living facility. I also work as a coach of a local middle school cheerleading team. I love being active, absurdist literature, and any creative outlet you can think of.

To celebrate the beginning of the Fall semester, we will be holding a gathering in Ann Morrison Park at Old Timer’s Shelter from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM! 
Rock painting supplies and free snacks will be provided! Come socialize with other PSYC majors, and meet the PSYC Peer Advising Team, to celebrate the start of the semester.

Save the Date: Start of the Semester Celebration

The event will be located at Old Timer’s Shelter, pictured above. Find directions to Old Timer’s Shelter here.

To celebrate the beginning of the Fall semester, we will be holding a gathering in Ann Morrison Park at Old Timer’s Shelter from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM! 

Historical PSYC Equipment Exhibit on Display

In celebration of Bronco Welcome Week, the Department of Psychological Science has put together an exhibit of historical psychology equipment!
The exhibit includes several items, including an original 1986 polygraph donated to the department by the FBI, and is located in the department’s office, found on the sixth floor of the Education Building. If you’re on campus, feel free to stop by and check it out!

Self Care Tips

With the Fall semester rapidly approaching, the PSYC Peer Advisors want to share some self care tips.

• Make time for the things you enjoy. While it’s important to prioritize school, it’s also important to make time for the activities you enjoy! Whether it be getting outside, spending time with friends, or something else, be sure to prioritize your well-being too this semester.
  • Make sure you’re getting enough rest. It’s also important to make sure you’re taking time to rest and recharge! Whatever taking time to rest means to you, be sure to include time for it this semester.
  • Reach out if you’re feeling stressed or need additional support. If you’re struggling in a class or need other academic support, please reach out to the PSYC Peer Advising team. Additionally, Boise State Health Services offers counseling for students, which you can read more about here!