Celebrating Mark Nelson – Recipient of the 22/23 Denise O’Donnell Day Scholarship

🎈 Congratulations to Marl Nelson – Recipient of the 2022/2023 Denise O’Donnell Day Scholarship!

Mark Nelson Photo

“Hello, My name is Mark Nelson. I am a native Idahoan, born and raised in Melba, Idaho. My major is psychology. At this time, my primary interests lay with diverse people and cultures
and learning all that I can. I volunteer at a counseling office and the local food shelter when I have free time. I have chosen psychology as my major as a stepping stone to further my
goals of becoming a counselor and therapist for people with diverse backgrounds and problems. My goal is to be a good citizen and give back to the community in the best way. I
am studying the basic classes at this time with a special focus on Spanish and its culture. I believe that understanding Spanish and its culture will help with my counseling goals.”

What are your goals and future plans after completing your education at Boise State?

“My goals and plans after school are to help others by being a therapist and caseworker for a
counseling firm. Among other things, I aspire to be a partner in helping society function. I
think that mental help and evaluation are long overdue.”

How have your academic and future plans been shaped by the aid of the donors?

“Nothing I have accomplished or my dreams could be possible without the support from
donors and people who care about society. I wish to give back what has been given to me.

From the bottom of my heart, I cannot express my gratitude enough for the generous
contribution to my education. I hope that I will contribute to society one day to pay
back all of the support that I have received. I hope to one day be a major contributor to
our community and society as a whole. Thank you so much for your contribution. Your
act will not be in vain. ”

-Mark Nelson, Class of 2024