Boise State University welcomes all students, faculty, and staff to campus for the start of the Fall 2020 academic semester. This is an exciting time on campus as the community returns to reconnect with friends and colleagues. We understand that move-in will look a little different this year, but with everyone’s help we can make it as seamless as possible.
We want the campus community to be engaged and able to take part in all of the upcoming excitement. Below is information that will benefit you:
Tuesday, August 18, 2020 – Thursday, August 20, 2020
Please show a warm welcome to all of our residents in campus housing by assisting with Move-In, answering questions and putting on your best Bronco smile. This day brings us students who are both excited and nervous about the upcoming year. Your support and assistance with the day will help make them comfortable in their new home.
University Drive will be congested between Chrisway and Manitou from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. Visitors who are coming to campus for reasons other than move-in should enter campus from the main thoroughfare that is closest to their destination; Capitol Blvd, Beacon, or Broadway. This will allow visitors to avoid congestion on University Dr.
- Resident Move-In will increase and affect traffic flow on campus. Please follow all signs and staff direction, and do not enter restricted areas. Your patience with altered traffic patterns is appreciated and will help ensure a seamless Move-In experience.
- The West Stadium Lot will be open for parking on the south side of the lot, however, permit holders are encouraged to crosspark in nearby lots to avoid traffic. Signs and staff will be on-site for directions and assistance.
- The Library Lot and Liberal Arts Lot will be used for Taylor, Driscoll, and Sawtooth Move-In. Permit holders are encouraged to park in the Plaza lots.
- Portions of West Reserve (Towers Lot), will be used for Move-In. Permit holders are encouraged to crosspark in nearby lots to avoid traffic. Signs and staff will be on-site for directions and assistance. Please plan on using either Brady Garage or the lot closest to Brady.
- Capitol Village and the Suites Lot will be used for Squares and Suites Move-In. Permit holders are encouraged to crosspark in Brady Garage. No OVERNIGHT parking will be allowed in the Suites Lot; the lot will need to be cleared by 6:00 am the mornings of August 18, 19, and 20 to accommodate incoming residents.
- Lincoln Garage will be used for Honors College Move-In. The 1st floor will be used for Move-In and other general parking will be directed to park on the remaining floors.
- Lincoln Townhomes Lot and Norco will be used for Lincoln Townhomes Move-In. A portion of Norco will be used for overflow parking as needed. No OVERNIGHT parking will be allowed in the Lincoln Townhomes Lot; the lot will need to be cleared by 6:00 am the mornings of August 18, 19, and 20 to accommodate incoming residents.
This weekend also kicks off Bronco Welcome, our first-year welcome program that showcases student organizations, campus departments, and various opportunities and activities for all Broncos. Your patience, support of university values, and kindness during these activities is appreciated and will help set the tone and standard for our new students.
For more information about Bronco Welcome activities, please visit https://www.boisestBronco Welcome – Bronco Welcomeate.edu/broncowelcome/
For more information about campus parking, please visit https://www.boisestate.edu/publicsafety-transportation/
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY CONTACT INFORMATION
Boise State University’s Department of Public Safety is comprised of Campus Security and Police Services, Transportation and Parking and Emergency Management.
TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING
(208) 426-3638 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.boisestate.edu/publicsafety-emergencymanagement/