Boise State University Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Raptor Research applicants are required to request two reference letters, preferably from academic faculty who are familiar with their academic and research work and who can comment on their potential for independent research in Biology.
NOTE: Currently, there is no call for REU-RR applications and no letters of recommendation are being collected.
To Writers of Reference Letters:
- Your reference letter is confidential – applicants WILL NOT have access to your reference letter. Only the REU-RR Program Director and prospective Research Mentors will view your letter.
- When preparing your letter, please comment on the applicant’s potential for mentored research, work ethic, enthusiasm for science, and motivation towards a science career.
- Please submit your letter by the deadline date, which is also the deadline for student applications.
- You cannot save and return to your reference file, so please upload all requested information in one sitting.
- On the first page of the form, you will be asked for your name and email in order to receive an email confirmation of submission. You will complete the form as a guest, and you will not be able to sign in or log in (unless you are a Boise State University faculty member or affiliate).
They may be addressed on the REU-RR FAQ page. Otherwise, please email REU-RR@boisestate.edu or call REU Program Director Jim Belthoff at 208-426-4133.