Boise State University Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Raptor Research applicants are required to request two reference letters, preferably from academic faculty who are familiar with their academic and research work and who can comment on their potential for independent research in Biology.
To Writers of Reference Letters:
- Your reference letter is confidential – applicants WILL NOT have access to your reference letter. Only the REU-RR Program Director and prospective Research Mentors will view your letter.
- When preparing your letter, please comment on the applicant’s potential for mentored research, work ethic, enthusiasm for science, and motivation towards a science career.
- Please submit your letter by February 10, 2021, which is also the deadline for student applications.
The following form link is only to be used by academic faculty and other references to upload their letters of reference for student applicants to Boise State University REU-Raptor Research.
- You cannot save and return to your reference file, so please upload all requested information in one sitting.
- On the first page of the form, you will be asked for your name and email in order to receive email confirmation of submission. You will complete the form as a guest, and you will not be able to sign in or log in (unless you are a Boise State University faculty member or affiliate).
APPLICATIONS CLOSED ON FEBRUARY 10, 2021.
If you still need to submit a reference letter, please email it in PDF form to REU-RR@boisestate.edu and include the name of the student applicant in the file name. Within your email, please provide your name, your affiliation (school/university and department), your preferred phone number, your email address, and the student REU applicant’s first and last name. We are currently reviewing applications and will include any reference letters received soon after the deadline in our consideration of applications.
They may be addressed on the REU-RR FAQ page. Otherwise, please email REU-RR@boisestate.edu or call REU Program Director Jim Belthoff at 208-426-4133.