- Instructors will conduct swim lessons from the deck or from 6 feet away in the water for participants and parents/guardians (if needed).
- Staff will wear face coverings at all times while out of the water and maintain physical distancing.
- Equipment will be disinfected after client use.
- As needed, clients will be taught with a parent/guardian in the water to assist the non-swimming participant. The instructor will teach and communicate with the parent/guardian through the lesson and provide feedback for the parent/guardian to assist the participant.
- Semi-private lessons may only occur for immediate family members living in the same household and including up to three participants of similar age and/or skill level. No groups of friends or extended family.
- Clients and instructors will be scheduled to maintain adequate spacing and distancing while teaching.
- Deck seating is marked off and spaced out to account for physical distancing. Please limit observers to one person per client.
- Masks must be worn at all times unless clients are in the water
Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons
We are pleased to announce that we will begin offering Private Lessons starting in February 2021 for students and facility members. Please complete a request form and we will match you with an instructor as quickly as possible (subject to availability and number of requests). See the Private Lesson page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Interested in lessons that are more tailored to you and your skills, as well as at a time convenient to you? Request Private or Semi-Private Lessons. After completing the request form, we will contact you with confirmation and begin to match you with an instructor that suits your needs. Completing the request form does not guarantee an instructor match.
Once matched with an instructor, payment is due by the first scheduled lesson. Instructor availability is limited during Group Lesson times and is also subject to class schedules and Boise State academic breaks. Lessons are 30 minutes long in packages of either 4, 8, or 12.