Office of Research Development
The Office of Research Development provides a strategic focus to achieve the Division of Research and Economic Development’s vision for Boise State University to “grow in select areas of research defined as those with the greatest potential for distinction, and societal, cultural and economic benefit.”
Priorities for Research Development include establishing large federally funded research centers in select areas of strength, cultivating strategic new areas of research that evolve from current research excellence, and collaborating with faculty leaders and research teams.
How to Develop and Fund Your Research
Follow the five steps in the links below to get information on the Research Development Life Cycle to develop and fund your research plan. Each section provides know-how and tools you can utilize to achieve research success at any stage in your career.
Research Development Life Cycle
View the following links for more information on each step in the Research Development Life Cycle:
- Tools, templates and timelines. Guidelines for meeting requirements of various agencies and grants
- Front-end consultation. Consultation on all aspects of research proposal preparation, including responsiveness to and requirements of solicitations and RFPs, building agency relationships, and creating teams
- Strategic project planning. Key issue analysis, logic model development, proposal outline, and other strategic planning at the front end of preparing a proposal, with priority for university-level proposals
- Reviewing and editing. Feedback on key proposal sections
Research Capacity Building
- Team Building. Fostering connections among faculty, with research and development professionals, across colleges, and with external universities, laboratories, federal and state agencies, and consortia
- Know-how. Sponsoring seminars, events and training to support faculty development and success in grant preparation and research proposals
- Awareness. Communicating to the campus community about research opportunities