Theme: Converging on Resilience
Our conference addresses the need for a multidisciplinary approach to building resilience by providing a platform to learn about experiences, perspectives, and efforts across sectors.
What is Resilience?
“The capacity of individuals, communities, institutions, businesses, and systems within a [population center] to survive, adapt, and grow no matter what kinds of chronic stresses and acute shocks they experience.” -100 Resilient Cities Initiative
- Provide a venue for diverse stakeholders across Idaho to share their ongoing efforts and network with each other.
- Identify new collaborative opportunities to increase our region’s resilience.
- Showcase how resilience is communicated through a variety of lenses; including presentations, discussions, creative works, journalism and more.
Who should attend?
Everyone with an interest in community resilience is encouraged to attend and participate.
We extend an invitation for all sectors of our society that participate in resilience to come share the work you do, including those working in:
- Health and Well-Being
- Economy and Society
- Infrastructure and Environment
- Leadership and Strategy
- Sustainable Urban Growth
- Adapting to and Mitigating a Changing Climate
- Natural Systems
- Natural Hazards
To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we are postponing all in person HCRI events, including our May 1 Resilience Conference. New dates will be announced this summer.
If you have already registered and would like a refund, please email HCRI@boisestate.edu.
If you would like to hold on to your ticket for our new date (likely September 2020), your registration will be saved.
New Date: TBD
Time: 8am – 5 pm, reception to follow
Location: Boise State University
Presentation Options: Presenting your your work is optional. Presentations require a title, author or artist list, and a brief summary/abstract. You will submit these when you go through the registration process. Presentation types include:
- Poster – present poster to guests as they walk around the conference (will use poster easels; recommended dimensions – 48″ x 36″)
- Table – present your project at a designated table to guests walking around the conference
- Lightning Talk – 5-minute (timed) presentation, PPT optional
- Artwork – Exhibit a piece (or pieces) of artwork related to resilience. Please check here for submission details.
- Vendor Booth – See details under Vendor/Donor Packages below
If you have any questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.